Monday, June 1, 2009

Week Eight - Wine at the Fort




In the interest of keeping the blog moving I’m going to write a more sensory, anecdotal based entry for week 8. I drank a 2006 Louis Jadot Macon-Villages Chardonnay in Fort Wayne, Indiana when visiting my parents. Matt and I went up for the weekend to visit family and opened the bottle on Saturday evening before going out to Paula’s Seafood Restaurant (hands down the best restaurant in the town!) My dad pulled this out and proclaimed it one of his “go-to” whites that he always keeps on hand. We drank it on the screened porch and enjoyed it immensely. It could be a go-to wine for anyone and is an affordable, easy going chardonnay. Interesting fact –my dad actually picks this bottle up at Meijer (a Target/Wal-Martesque store in the Midwest).

The Bottle: 2006 Louis Jadot Macon-Villages Chardonnay
Price: $10.00
Would I Buy This Wine Again: Yes – and I’d choose the same people to drink it with again too!
Even Max, my parents' dog, got in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment