Sunday, May 3, 2009

Week Five - Flowers and Fruit

The flowers in the title of week five come from the amazing label on this bottle. I have to admit that I am as taken by a beautiful label as anything else but have learned to control the urge to just buy pretty bottles. Fortunately, this one came recommended as well so it was a win win situation.

This wine is made of Primitivo grapes which I learned are genetically identical to Zinfandel. Another interesting fact is that they both originated from Croatia. This is great news for me as I really enjoy red Zin! I tried only a bit of this wine before making good tasting notes to blog about. Matt opened the bottle when I was out of town and so I'm relying on his words for the verdict. When I asked him to describe he simply offered up the description of spicy. Though the Primitivo vary from Zinfandel grapes because of where they're grown (Primitivo in Italy and Zin often in California) they were more similar than different.

The Bottle: 2007 Cortenova Primitivo

Price: $9.99
Would I Buy This Wine Again: Good food wine in a pretty package - of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment